Planning Policy (Local Plan)
- Chat Now
- Chat online with a live operator from Fylde Council
- ADOPTED Fylde Local Plan to 2032
- Click here to view the adopted Fylde Local Plan to 2032. The Plan was Adopted on the 22 October 2018 and replaces the Fylde Borough Local Plan (As Altered October 2005)
- Supplementary Planning Documents
- Click here to view information on Supplementary Planning Documents
- Neighbourhood Planning
- Click here to view information on emerging Neighbourhood Plans in Fylde
- Brownfield Register
- The government have recently introduced a legal requirement for councils to prepare, maintain and publish a register of brownfield land that is considered appropriate for residential development. For more information and to view the register click here.
- Get Involved
- Click here to Get Involved by joining the Register of Consultees
- Partial Revision Scoping Consultation of the Fylde Local Plan to 2032
- Click the link above for more information of the consultation.
The planning policy team is responsible for preparing local planning policies that shape how places will be developed in the future. More information on this and other responsibilities can be found below.
Information about Planning Policy in Fylde
Planning policies and proposals for development and use of land in the Borough is set out in the 'Development Plan'. The Fylde Local Plan to 2032, adopted on 22 October 2018, is the principal Development Plan Document for Fylde. Other Development Plan Documents are the Joint Lancashire Minerals and Waste Core Strategy DPD and the Joint Lancashire Minerals and Waste Local Plan Site Allocations and Development Management Policies DPD, both produced by Lancashire County Council; and in the case of St. Anne's on the Sea and Bryning-with-Warton, their respective Neighbourhood Plans.
The Council has adopted supplementary planning guidance / documents and is also producing further Supplementary Planning Documents. These provide additional guidance on the application of policies in the Local Plan, but do not themselves form part of the Development Plan.
The planning policy team research and produce a range of supporting evidence, in particular an annual Housing Land Schedule and Industrial Land Schedule which lists all current and completed planning applications for dwellings and industrial use. The team also have some involvement in listed buildings and conservation areas work.
For further information, please contact the Planning Policy team. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to us at the address below:
Fylde Borough Council
Lytham St Annes